Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Stupid Is As Stupid Does...

As far as Drivers and over all employees go here at work, I feel as if I'm in that top ten percent of folks who are easy going, let crap roll off our shoulders, smile, turn the other cheek, etc.
I think I'm pretty danged tolerant but I know some folks who make me look like I've got a short fuse and I'm grumpy all the time.

That said, I tend to find my customers/passengers entertaining and fun, far more than annoying and intolerable.
I hear the rants, I see the crazy and I'm amused - free entertainment while I'm getting paid!

But lately I've been hearing more and more of the ignorant side to the whining.

For example:
"RTD takes more and more money, cuts more and more routes & services but could care less about being on time, keeping schedules and customer service."

(
Reasons Why )

I love this link because it explains a butt load of things RTD does.
I guarantee you that 3 in 4 of you whiners don't have the patience to read even one of those FAQs but for the rest of you, take the time to read that through and I guarantee you that you'll have at least one, "Ohhhhh!" moment.

I've been here for three years now and still read that and get those Ah-ha moments.

But for those of you who feel entitled to RTD's services, that RTD owes you a cheap ride, at all hours of the day & night, from your front door to your destination - let me sum this up for you:

Call a cab and get over yourself.

Seriously.
I hear these ignorant comments about the high fares, RTD just charging more and more and giving less and less, about Drivers who can't keep schedules, etc and all I can think of is how sad y'all make me.
I'm saddened by such a lack of intelligence, such a lack of care or concern - of over all understanding of how the world around you works.

Blah - I still love my job, my customers and most of my co-workers.
I've just had it up to here (holding my hand up to my eyebrows) with the stupidity - the pure hatred to accuse me and my co-workers of such sloth.

So please - take 30 minutes out of your day surfing FaceBook, 30 minutes out of your day playing your video games or watching TV to read about a service for which you and I pay, a service that you use and upon which you count to get you back and forth all day.

Then let's talk.

As Always, "Welcome aboard, Find your seats,  Read
THIS while you're on the bus - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment