Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Love My Job - WE LOVE IT!

You know one of the top reasons on my list of reasons that I love this job?

The people slash customers slash passengers.

I love when I pull close to a stop and the folks standing outside see me, light up, smile and board the bus with an, "I'm glad to see you!"

That makes me happy.

I know they're glad to see me because I'm "not as bad as their other Drivers" so it's a guilty feeling when it makes me happy.
But hey, I'll take what I can get with this job.

LOL

I love the smiles, the warm welcomes, the sharing of facebook pages, the support and defense when somebody treats one of the other passengers like poop or even when another driver on the road almost hits us (the bus) and these regulars go nuts with swearing and sign language!

I love the loyalty they express.
I often joke about them cheating on me with other Drivers when I'm on another route.
I'm truly surprised that I know the lives and habits of sooo many customers across so many routes across Denver and the burbs.
This is only my Third year and I'm really shocked that I have gotten so close to so many customers.

I pictured that I'd just be some nameless and faceless warm body chauffeuring the cattle to and fro around the state.
It's turned out to be quite the opposite.
These folks have become family.

I look forward to the updates the next day/week and I'm actually sad & disappointed when somebody doesn't show.
And I hear the same when I don't show on their route the next day or week.


That's when I hear, "Boy am I glad to see your smile!"
That makes me happy and makes me look forward to the next time.

That's one of the top reasons on my list of reasons that I love this job.


As Always, "Welcome aboard, Wear your smiles, Find your seats - Let's Roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment